A 43-year-old man and his four month old son has to be given oxygen by firefighters after a fire in their dishwasher left them suffering from smoke inhalation.
The blaze broke out at 22.16 hours on Saturday evening (5 January) when fire crews received a report of a house alight in Drumsheugh Place in the city.
Four pumps were sent to the four storey building and firefighters discovered a small fire in the dishwasher of one of the flats.
The occupants, a man and his four month old baby son, were treated at the scene by fire crews with oxygen and checked over by ambulance staff.
They did not require hospital treatment.
The dishwasher was removed from the premises and firefighters left the scene shortly before 11pm.