An 87-year-old man had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a car in East Lothian on Friday afternoon (4 December).
Two pumps responded to a report of a car alight at a residential garage in Fa’side Terrace, Wallyford, Musselburgh at 3pm.
It’s thought a grinder ignited petrol fumes causing the car to catch fire.
The man had tried to extinguish the blaze himself suffering slight smoke inhalation as a result. He was treated at the scene by ambulance crews but did not need to go to hospital.
Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used a high-pressure hose reel to extinguish the fire. Crews left the scene just before 4pm.