A pensioner was taken to hospital after a fire in West Lothian yesterday afternoon (24 April).
The 82-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation after fire broke out in his kitchen at his home in Linlithgow.
Crews were called to Manse Road at around 5.20pm on Tuesday.
The elderly man was conscious and breathing but had taken in smoke after the fire. He was given oxygen at the scene before being taken to St John’s Hospital in Livingston to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using a high-pressure hose reel extinguished the fire and vented the kitchen before leaving the scene at 6.30pm.